Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Imperfection

I have realized,rather late in life,not to chase perfection, to allow myself and others around me to make mistakes, learn, undo when possible and live with the consequences if irrevocable.
In no way does it mean that I aim to make mistakes. On the contrary, I plan and then leave the rest to unfold...sometimes it goes as per the plan and sometimes there are deviations.If I dwell too much on the abberation, I lose focus and spontaniety...I get mired in what 'must'/'ought'/'should'have been and thereby lose joy and satisfaction of the bigger goal/task that I was engaged in.
When I allow some imperfection in my life,I am compassionate towards myself, more human than God,in the now.
Working towards perfection is an impediment to creativity, serendipity. It promotes anxiety and is abrasive in interpersonal relationships.
Allowing imperfection is a form of letting go...a blissful state of mind.

1 comment:

  1. Like the yin and yan, perfection and imperfection co-exist. That does not mean one is a better state than another. No.

    ReplyDelete